This is the recipe I used
- 1 C. milk
- 1/4 C. honey
- 1/4 oz. active dry yeast (2 1/2 tsp., 1 package)
- 1/2 stick (1/4 C.) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large egg yolks
- 4 C. flour
- 2 tsp. salt
How to make it
- In a small saucepan, heat milk with honey, stirring, over low heat until just lukewarm. (It should be warm, but not be uncomfortable to keep your finger in the milk.)
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in yeast and let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add butter and yolks, whisking until combined well.
- Transfer milk mixture to bowl.
- Gradually add flour and salt, stirring until incorporated. Knead 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer to lightly oiled large bowl and turn to coat with oil.
- Let dough rise, covered with plastic wrap, until doubled in bulk (2 hours in warm place, or overnight in refrigerator).
- Punch down dough, place in loaf pan, and let rise until doubled in bulk.
- Bake at 400°F for 25-30 minutes.