Saturday, January 10, 2009

Boston...

So a few things have happened since the last time I blogged, including Christmas and a new edition to the family! Right after Christmas Ben and I got an adorable Decker Line Rat Terrier. His name is Boston and his two month birthday is today.
This is the day we went to visit the puppies and pick which one we wanted to take home. At the time they were only 4 weeks old or so meaning we couldn't take him home for a few weeks yet. The little guy on the right is our puppy Boston.

This is a more recent picture. He was amazed by the sound the camera made when I took his picture. This was take 12 or so after he whipped his head around every time he heard the noise and made the picture blurry. He's a happy little pup and it's rather difficult to get him to sit still long enough to take a good picture.


Ben caught the little guy in one of his resting times after he ran around and tired himself out. Since my boot is behind him you can see he's not very big at the moment. He weighs about 10 lbs, but we'll see how long that lasts he eats twice his weight. We are very happy to have him as a part of our family.

In other news, Ben flew home for Christmas and surprised his family which was great for him because he was the only kid who was not going to be there this year. He showed up at his sister's house where they were having the family gathering and he said his mom cried. He had called Joy before he showed up and she guessed that he had come home for Christmas but promised not to ruin the surprise. Ben and I had our own little Christmas a few days before and opened presents.

On to more recent happenings. Ben and I were in a ward in Lehi with more than 600 people, until this past Sunday when they gave away part of our ward to another smaller ward in our Stake. I'm not sure how big our ward is going to be now. We made it through the ward split still in the same ward and now for the fun news......Ben and I got callings. We are primary teachers to one of the three Sunbeam classes in our Ward. I get to meet our kids tomorrow and I can't wait! This will be my third or fourth time being in Primary/nursey since Ben and I have been married. Ben had a theory about this and is convinced that I will continue to get callings in Primary until we have kids because obviously we need some encourangment; we've been married for almost three years, thats so long in Mormon time to not have kids yet. We'll see what happens.

No comments: